Routing Infrastructure and Security Operations (RISO) Workshop
This five-day workshop teaches the skills required for the configuration of scalable and secure routing, as well as best practice operation of the networks making up today's Internet.
Workshop topics include, but are not limited to:
- IS-IS design and best practices for Service Provider networks
- BGP Protocol, Attributes and Policy
- BGP Scalability (including Route Reflectors and Communities)
- BGP Best Practices, including Aggregation
- BGP Multihoming techniques (redundancy and load balancing)
- BGP Communities as used by Network Operators
- BGP Security Operations Best Practices
- Remote Trigger Black Hole Filtering
- Unicast Reverse Path Forwarding
- Route Origin Authorisation and Validation
- Troubleshooting BGP & Related Tools
It is assumed that the workshop participants are proficient with a router command line interface, have a good understanding of OSPF or IS-IS, as well as experience with using BGP in an operational network.
This workshop is not an introduction.
The lab exercises use Cisco IOS configuration syntax.
Participants are required to bring their own laptops - (Windows/Linux/macOS) with wireless.