Database Home |
From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Walter Morales)
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1992 19:29:44
BRAZIL TO USA --
SERVICE: INTERDATA (International Gateway)
RENPAC (Domestic Network)
Public Dial-In Service at 300 and 1200 bps
Telex Access at 50 bps (dial-in service)
Asynchronous Dedicated Access Service at 300 and 1200 bps
X.25, X.28, telex, asynchronous terminal interface
All prices are quoted in Gold Francs (GF).
(1 U.S. dollar = 2.5374 Gold Francs).
Internationl Access charges (applies to all services):
Connection Charge: 0.98 GF/minute
Traffic Charge: 0.075 GF/Segment
Dial-In Service: 11.76 GF/month
Asynchronous Dedicated Access:
300 bps 665.42 GF/month
1200 bps 1241.66 GF/month
Installation Charge (one time fee):
Dial-In Service: 35.64 GF
Asynchronous Dedicated Access: 353.29 GF
Synchronous Dedicated Access: 564.46 GF
300/1200 via PSTN 7.91 GF
300 bps X.28 leased line 293.61 GF
1200 bps X.28 leased line 364.71 GF
2400 bps X.25 leased line 676.50 GF
4800 bps X.25 leased line 1322.16 GF
9600 bps X.25 leased line 1717.03 GF
The monthly charges include modems, circuit, port and maintenance.
1. Modems for dial-up service must be provided by the subscriber
(CCITT V.21 300 bps and CCITT V.22 1200 bps). Leased line modems
are provided by Embratel and are included in the cost. For
asynchronous service, CCITT V.21 and V.22 modems are standard.
For synchronous service, Embratel supplies CCITT V.26, V.27, and
2. Terminals must be provided locally. (Embratel does not provide).
3. Transborder data flow authorization is required. Lead time is
normally 1-2 months.
4. Lead time for a dedicated access line is about two months.
-Modems for dial-up (V.21) are approximately 30.00 U.S.$/month.
-Terminals must be provided locally. (Embratel does not provide).
Approximate purchase prices are as follows:
VDU 1,500.00 U.S.$
Hard Copy Printer 1,000.00 U.S.$
Teleprinter 1,500.00 U.S.$
DNIC: 7240 - INTERDATA
7241 - RENPAC
Rio de Janiero (local access)
Any city with long distance telephone into the gateway
EMBRATEL (Empresa Brasileira de Telecomunicacoes S.A.):
Mr. Arne Freinsilber or Mrs. Jaine Yeneslau Isensee
Secao de Servicos Especializados
Av. Marechal Floriano 99-12 Andar
20080 - Rio de Janiero
Telephone: (5521) 216-8328, 216-7586 or 216-8714
Telex: (391) 2121810
U.S. SPRINT SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE:
Mr. Miguel Fazanella
Rue Marques de ITU 58-6B
01223 Sao Paulo Brazil
Telephone: (5511) 258-2863, 255-0577
Fax: (5511) 259-0520
Interdata: Jorge Alberto Bichara
Mauro Luis Teixeira Ceia
Telephone: (021) 233-9189
Telex: 2135611 EBTL BR
Renpac: Nelio E. Bastos
Elisio M. Junior
(Renpac Supervision Center)
Telephone: (021) 216-8687
Telex: 2134747 EBTL BR
INTERDATA TEST FACILITIES:
1. Echo Facility Address: 72407180190015
2. Traffic Generator Address: 72407180180016
3. Drop Facility Address: 72407180190017
RENPAC TEST FACILITIES:
1. X.28 Terminal Address: 72412100004
2. Echo Facility Address: 7241210000000
3. Traffic Generator Address: 7241210000002
4. Drop Facility Address: 7241210000001
Dial-In Access Numbers:
300 bps 1200/75 bps 1200/1200 bps
------- ----------- -------------
Rio 253-8151 253-8152 253-8153
Porto Alegre (051) 15311 (051) 15321 (051) 15331
Other Cities 1531 1532 1533
Dial-In Access Procedures:
1. Dial the appropriate RENPAC access telephone number.
2. Upon connection, enter carriage return (CR).
3. You will receive the system herald *RENPAC* and the system prompt"?",
at which point you enter the letter N and your NUI and destination host
address as shown below:
?N______-0(DNIC)(Destination host address)(CR)
Please note: The letter "N" must be entered prior to the NUI. (Use
capital letters) The hyphen (-) character must be entered to separate
the NUI from the destination host address. The International address
must be preceded by a zero (0) after the hyphen.
4. Upon successful connection to the network, you will receive the message:
(Destination host address) + COM
5. You will then be connected to your destination host and should proceed
according to the host's instructions.