## Contents ##
* [Detailed Agenda](agenda.html)
## Workshop Description ##
* Secured dynamic updates:
Either enterprise (AD) or for updating zones for hosting providers.
We will have a simple environment with some zones to be updated, and have
participants work through labs to set secure dynamic updates (including
* Access control lists and TSIG: show use ACLs and TSIG in various scenarios:
- limit which clients may query the nameserver, also at the zone level
- restricting access to zone transfer to specific IPs/keys
* RNDC: show use of use of keys, and the most useful commands for configuring
and querying the server state.
* DNS and IPv6: the lab setup is both v4 and v6 ready. Participants
will get some experience working with IPv6 DNS (both serving DNS over v6,
but also IPv6 DNS data).
* DNS debugging tools, troubleshooting, and techniques: cover tools such as
tcpdump, dig, dnstop, and proper logging configuration for the DNS service.
* DSC - see https://www.dns-oarc.net/oarc/software
* Software: BIND, Knot
# LACTLD - NSRC - DNS Operations
- Date: 23th - 25th May 2022
- Location: Virtual
- Host: LACTLD
- Time: 16:00-18:00 & 19:00-21:00 UTC each day